Wednesday, July 19, 2006

María del Rosario Pilar Martínez Molina Baeza de Rasten

Better known as that wacky sex bomb of 70's fame, CHARO (cuchi cuchi!)




Why am I dusting Charo off and putting her front and center in today's blog? Because someone else beat me to dusting her off and putting her in a Geico commercial.

Yes. I said Geico.

"What does a wacky 70's sex bomb have to do with auto insurance?" you may well ask. The answer to that is "I don't know." Despite having watched the commercial with great zeal, I fail to see any correlation between Charo and Geico. But I am thrilled that she's getting work, and I was also thrilled that that damn gecko was nowhere to be seen. So I'm all for the marriage.

Just to keep it mixed up and give other has-beens a chance to be on TV again, I saw another version this morning featuring LITTLE RICHARD.

Personally, I enjoyed Charo more, but as long as that reptile is off-camera, I'm a happy camper.

I can't wait to see who they come up with next.

Let the good auto insurance times roll!

1 Comments:

At 12:48 AM, Blogger Marcheline said...

Maybe they can start a new campaign called "Geico will ressurrect your good driving record!" and feature posthumous celebrity guest spots by Rock Hudson, Marilyn Monroe, Freddie Mercury, and Buddy Holly.

Or something like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home