Monday, June 05, 2006

My Not-Regular-Doctor disagrees with my diagnosis

Not that I'm giving up on acute pancreatitis, but she claims that my symptoms disappeared too quickly for that to have been my ailment. Her thought is that I might have those gallstones previously mentioned. I'll have to do more research on those as all I know is that they are created in the gallbladder and they hurt like all get out when you pass them (which sounds kind of icky).



To develop that theory further, I have to have an abdominal ultrasound done at NYU Medical Center on Friday. NYU is much further than the hospital I went to last week, but they didn't do a very good job on my ultrasound (as in they couldn't get a good picture of my gallbladder), so I figure there's no point in going back to the site of failure. Besides, NYU is my alma mater, so it's only right that I should support it. Go team!

So far I have remained happily pain free, and hope that trend will continue. I don't know about this gallstone business, though. If there are more of these stone thingies hanging around, what happens if another one decides it doesn't want to stick around and tries to get out? I'm thinking someone needs to send me home with a big ol' bottle of painkillers in case this happens again. Now I just have to convince someone with an "M.D." after their name to agree with me. I'm planning for some serious suck-up time, complete with references to his or her omnipotent god-like powers. A lot of doctors are totally into that God Complex thing. Let's hope the one I encounter falls prey to that syndrome.

More on my condition as it progresses. Look forward with baited breath for Friday's installment
!

1 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger Marcheline said...

Damn, girl - feel better soon!

- M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home