Thursday, January 12, 2006

And this is BEFORE we got drunk

Yes, I'm still stuck on NYE. I'm only just finding incriminating photos on my digital camera. If I do this right, I should be living off extortion money for the rest of my life.

Unfortunately, blackmail and posting the pix to my blog don't co-mingle well, so I will have to leave you to your imagination.

Hee hee.

This is a safe one to share...

Hard to tell, but those snowflakes were the circumference of baseballs. Perfect powder. For the skier/snowboarder crowd, it must have been the perfect way to end the year.

I wouldn't know. I was too busy helping to clean up the mess of 7 rowdy, drunken revelers before the maids arrived (yes, I'm comfortably middle-class...I clean up before the maid comes).

Yeah...that didn't work. We got totally busted just as we were on the last run. Fortunately, the "maids" turned out to be a bunch of guys that we proceeded to tip/bribe with imported beer.

This is a "we're still getting our party on" shot:

Okay...that doesn't look so bad...but you can't see the kitchen...boy howdy! If we didn't make short shrift of that wine refridgerator! (Why is this sounding less and less like the total fraternity party I remember?)

There's a great poem I learned when I was a kid, called "Elephony". I'm not sure of the author, but suffice it to say that it is TOTALLY copyrighted and I didn't write it (and neither, most likely, did you...but if you did, Dude! I LOVE this poem!)

Once there was an elephant
Who tried to use the telephant
No! No! I mean an elephone
Who tried to use the telephone
(Dear me, I'm not certain quite
That even now I've got it right!)
Howe'er it was, he got his trunk
Entangled in the telephunk
The more he tried to get it free
The louder buzzed the telephee
(I fear I'd better drop the song
of the elehop and the telephong!)

So now you're asking yourself, "What the heck is she talking about?" Well, I don't remember right now, but there was a legitimate thread back to the conversation...and it was a good one, too. Sorry you're missing out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home