Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Sproingy Bouncy Things


I have two cats. When they are not harassing one another, eating, sleeping or doing something that ends in me yelling at them, they get bored. So I got them one of those sproingy bouncy things that hooks over the door and has a catnip-filled mouse dangling tantalizingly at the end of the string. The dumber of my two cats loves this thing. He will play with it for up to a half hour at a time (which is a long time in Cat World). I imagine he would even play longer were it not for one small problem...

Sometimes the mouse bounces to the other side of the door.

Now, the smarter of the two beasts would figure out the mouse was currently positioned at a 350 degree angle and go to the other side. But the dumb one sits down quietly and looks expectantly at the door because OBVIOUSLY the mouse will be returning soon and he doesn't want to miss it. I watched him sit there for about 3 minutes yesterday before I shook my head in parental exasperation and moved the mouse back to its starting point.

I love my cat, but he is a complete airhead when it comes to thinking things through. Fortunately for him, he's utterly gorgeous and affectionate, so it's impossible to stay upset when he does something stupid or annoying. He DOES always know when to come through with the purrs and kisses and cuddling. Maybe he can teach my next boyfriend that secret.

1 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger CTK said...

Cats <<<<<<<<<<< Dogs. That is all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home