Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I admit it, I suck

I tried.
I really really really tried.
I even got to the point of saying, "Yes, I want to end our sessions" when she looked at me (somewhat startled) and said , "Are you saying you don't want to continue our work?"
But somehow I ended up agreeing to see her in two weeks.

Is there something endemic in human nature that prohibits one from taking one's own advice? Had anyone I know related the tale of the stalker therapist to me, I would have steadfastly have advised, "Dump her."

But then, I shouldn't really be surprised by my behavior. As the last 6 months or so have taught me, I'm sticking around longer than I should in a number of "relationships" (see, e.g., The Kitten and David P.) So is this something I need to work on with my therapist?

Oh, the irony.

Judge me not too harshly, for I am only human and imperfect.

But look out next time...!


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home