Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The countdown has begun...

Only three more days.

I only have to get through THREE MORE DAYS before I fly to my favorite North American city and touch down in the land of "laissez le bon temps rouler!"

I'm so incredibly pumped.

Upon my return, I am going to further stave off thinking about my impending olditude by having a gathering at a champagne bar called Flûte, the larger the better, and drinking bubbly while swishing around in a little antique black silk cocktail dress and playing hostess. Then come the holidays...I think I can avoid doing deep personal introspection at least until after the first of the New Year. Perhaps by then I will have accepted my lot in life and be able to reconcile my chronological age with my sense of myself and they can co-exist peacefully.

Wow. That's the biggest load of bull I've spouted in a long time. Even I'm not buying it.

Okay, now I'm depressed.

Where is Saturday when you need it???

1 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Marcheline said...

If you can fit into a little black antique cocktail dress, you're already ahead of the rest of us, dahling... rejoice in that, if nothing else!

- M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home