Friday, November 11, 2005

God Complex

"Hotlanta" is just Atlanta these days. Seems that just before I came to visit my kid sister, the temperature was in the high 70s/low 80s. Apparently I brought the cold NY weather with me. I surmise from this that I am some sort of weather deity like Storm from the X-Men, which is way cool because she's always been my favorite.



Unfortunately, I have not yet mastered the art of bringing the warm weather to fore, but I'm working on it. I hate the cold, so it would be the ultimate irony to have become the Snow Miser.

Speaking of which, why are they Snow Miser and Heat Miser? They would love nothing better than to invade each one another's territories (as evidenced by "The Year without a Santa Claus") and share their respective weather conditions with everyone. So how are they "misers" in any sense of the word? Somebody make a Consumer Phone Call* to Rankin/Bass!


* "Consumer Phone Calls" are yet another UGA invention of McSorely, Dancer and meself. When things got a little slow, boring or we just didn't want to do a damn thing (yes, YOUR tax dollars not working!!!), we would arbitrarily choose some 800 number on the back of a product and make inquiries. The best was "Mrs. Butterworth." We wanted to know her ethnicity. Guess we weren't the first to wonder, because the Answer Chick had a prepared response for us. Apparently Mrs. Butterworth is (as I like to phrase it) "of questionable ethnicity"...mainly she's just a "nice old woman you'd like to have in your kitchen." That answer simply rocks!


1 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Marcheline said...

EXACTLY! I've always snarked about the Snow "Miser" / Heat "Miser" thing. I do have the christmas ornaments, and the movie, of course - and no kids to excuse why I have those items. 8-)

-M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home